After I had finished my new bag I was quite happy for a while but the longer I looked at it the more I was sure there was something missing. It needed a little detail to make it more fun and maybe some kind of inlet.

I found yarn in a lighter gray in my stash and started experimenting with cross-stitching on the bag, adding details to the straps but in the end I went for a simple blanket stitch around the flap because everything else seemed to be just too much. I also found a nice button wich gives the bag a country look.

2016_Verschiedenes_Häkeltasche0123.jpg

2016_Verschiedenes_Häkeltasche0125.jpg

For the inlet I cut two pieces out of an old blue bed sheet using my new bag as a template. I sewed the two pieces together with a small pocket on one side and then hand stitched it into the bag.

Advertisements